From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Blur version 0.2.3-incubating RC1
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2014 02:02:59 GMT
On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 9:01 PM, Aaron McCurry <amccurry@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is the first release candidate for Apache Blur, version
> 0.2.3-incubating.  This release is a re-release of 0.2.2-incubating with a
> few bug fixes.  The jira release notes are for 0.2.2-incubating because the
> release for that version stalled during the mail server outage in May.
>
> It fixes the following issues:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12325596&styleName=Html&projectId=12313721
>
> *** Please download, test and vote by [3 working days after sending].

We had a grep friendly token in the license file - it allowed me to do
something like:

comm -3 <(cat LICENSE | grep ^./ | sort) <(find . -name *.${FT} | sort)

... to compare contents vs what's mentioned in the license file.

Anyway, manually spot-checking the release at least these pop us as
not obviously accounted for in LICENSE?

./blur-console/src/main/webapp/js/utils/jquery.event.gevent.js MIT
./blur-console/src/main/webapp/js/utils/jquery.uriAnchor.js MIT
./blur-console/src/main/webapp/libs/typeahead/typeahead.jquery.js MIT

...and the LICENSE also seems to refer to stuffs I can't find in the
tarball: SortTable, Underscore.js, Backbone.js...

Given that, I'm -1 for now... maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks,
--tim