From Aaron McCurry <amccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cluster on fully random ports
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2014 13:17:46 GMT
On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 9:11 AM, Garrett Barton <garrett.barton@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I don't think the blur gui ports are currently stored in ZK, so one would
> either add them to ZK or poll each shard/controller for the port its
> running its gui on.

My vote is to look them up via thrift (and cache as needed).  The config
value is "blur.http.status.running.port" and can be retrieved by calling
getConfiguration() on the given process.  We could likely build a nice
little java object that would cache things as needed and make the results
available via a thrift admin call.

Aaron