From Aaron McCurry <amccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Branching
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2014 20:50:08 GMT
On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 2:49 PM, Chris Rohr <rohr.chris@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I know this was brought up a few days ago, but now that 0.2.3 is out for a
> vote, I think it should be brought up again.  How is the branching going to
> work going forward?
>
> Most repos I have seen have master be the latest stable code and new
> branches are used for development of the next versions and then merged in
> to master upon release.

I think based on our previous discussion the answer is yes.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-blur-dev/201406.mbox/%3CCAB6tTr24VbG2QbXXWZd9q+xB4BbGkOR7W3h4WFsm8JM6DXcNHA@mail.gmail.com%3E

I think that we should move forward with Andrew's suggestion:

If no one has any issues I will go ahead and migrate the apache-blur-0.2 to
become master based on this approach:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2763006/change-the-current-branch-to-master-in-git

> I just want to make sure, as I have some more changes coming and don't want
> to mess up the current vote.

It's tagged so it won't be the end of the world, but it might make a fix to
the current RC a little bit tricky.

Thanks,

Aaron