From Aaron McCurry <amccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting master up to date
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 17:13:01 GMT
On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 10:24 AM, Andrew <andrew.va@gmail.com> wrote:

> Aaron,
> The link you provided looks like a good strategy for merging 0.2 into
> master.
> My question is whether this is a good time to switch? Is 0.2 released yet?

I think that we should do this when we release 0.2.2 (or 0.2.3 since the
0.2.2 was kind of a bust on the release).

What do you think?

> Shouldn't master branch reflect the "released" version of blur?

Well, we haven't had much of a method to our branches/tags/or releases.  I
think it would be good to come up with some rules that are written down.  I
feel that others will have a stronger feelings on how the right way to
manage versions of Blur.

> Also, It looks like the last commit on master was on January 17th, so I
> guess there aren't any patches going into the 0.1 release, but maybe we
> should keep a 0.1.* branch around just in case someone needs a patch. (I
> noticed there aren't any tags for the 0.1 version)

Technically master is at a (lost) version of 0.3.0, but it has basically
been abandoned while working on the apache-blur-0.2 branch.  Hence why I
just wanted to take 0.2 as the master.