From "Sak, Steve" <s...@integrity-apps.com>
Subject RE: CDH5 MR1
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2014 19:24:42 GMT

Aaron,

It's not CDH5 per se that is raising the risk profile but rather Cloudera's implementation
of Map Reduce 1 with CDH5.  They have custom libs built for hadoop-core, hadoop-minicluster,
hadoop-client, and hadoop-test all versioned as 2.3.0-mr1-cdh5.0.2 as well as all the MR1
daemons (NN, TT, JT) using the hadoop2 filesystem.

-- Steve

From: Aaron McCurry [amccurry@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2014 3:10 PM
To: blur-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: CDH5 MR1

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Sak, Steve <ssak@integrity-apps.com> wrote:

> Has anyone gotten Blur built against Cloudera CDH5 using the MR1 libraries
> and done any testing?  How likely is it to work?  I'm close to passing the
> unit tests but the poms are a hodgepodge and our project is quickly
> approaching a decision point as to what direction to take.  We were
> thinking that CDH5 MR1 would provide a medium risk option on the road to
> Hadoop 2 and Yarn but perhaps were too low in our risk assessment.

We currently run hadoop2 builds CI on Apache's servers.  The build run's
against hadoop 2.2.0 and I have successfully run Blur on HDP 2.1 (based on
hadoop 2.4.0).  I don't mind running the tests and minicluster against CDH5
if this will help in your decision making process.

https://builds.apache.org/job/Blur-master-jdk7-hadoop2/

Thanks!

Aaron