From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Distribution question
Date Tue, 27 May 2014 23:24:07 GMT
On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Chris Rohr <rohr.chris@gmail.com> wrote:
> In doing the console work, it was noticed that the src distro is including
> the contrib folder.  What is the plan with contrib?  Is it supposed to have
> things that may eventually graduate to the core?

I don't think of it as "graduating" - I typically think of stuff in a
contrib area as things that are offered by one or more folks as a
contribution but that may or may not be fully supported by the
community and that may be useful but not necessary for the core
use-cases.

I think of the /whiteboard as more for stuff that is experimental that
might "graduate" to either contrib or core if it proves useful.

> If the plan is to keep it
> in the src, there needs to be items excluded from the console directory
> (i.e. the UI dependencies, which don't need to be included in the distro).

I'd just plan on continuing to ship it with the source - so, removing
the dependencies you don't thing need to be included.

Thanks,
--tim