From Aaron McCurry <amccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Blur version 0.2.2-incubating - RC1
Date Wed, 07 May 2014 01:12:43 GMT
Thanks for the feedback!

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 7:14 PM, Patrick Hunt <phunt@apache.org> wrote:

> I see a number of NOTICE files in the source artifact. e.g.
>
> ./distribution/src/main/resources-hadoop1/notices/jetty-6.1.26.jar.NOTICE
>
> I don't believe you should be including these given the artifact
> doesn't include those jars. I'm not sure what to make of this...

These *.NOTICE files are a part of the source distro because we use them
plus the embedded script to generate the NOTICE file for the binary
artifact.  It it enough to explain there existence or do we need to rename
them there extension to something else?

> would be good to add header boilerplate to Blur.html and index.html files.

Do you mean add the boilerplate "Apache Blur is undergoing incubation..."?
 I can see that on the index.html file but the Blur.html is generated from
Thrift and is a API layout file.

> Otw things looked pretty good.
>
> Your git tag should probably be 'release-0.2.2-incubating-rc1" and not
> "release-0.2.2-incubating", given it's not approved yet (most projects
> use release-0.2.2-incubating-rc1 then add the release-0.2.2-incubating
> tag once the release is approved).

Ok.

> This is a nit (not a release blocker) but your notice/copyright files
> are still 2013, should be updated to include 2014.

Thanks we will update.