From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release Time!
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2014 04:58:32 GMT
Nice. This looks good to me in general. Couple issues:

1) "Assuming the vote passes" i'd change that to "Once the vote passes
on both the blur dev list and incubator general" etc....

You can find more details on the process here:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-incubator-release-vote

basically though it's 1) call the vote on dev list, min 72hours, if
that passes 2) call the vote on incubator general, if that passes
(wait another 72hrs, min 3 IPMC +1's, regular rules re release vote
(the vote needs to pass)) then you're ready to roll.

See also:
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release

2) I think you also need to "release" the mvn staged artifacts as part
of the "roll out" process?

Patrick