From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release Time!
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2014 00:00:55 GMT
On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 10:35 AM, Gagan Juneja
<gagandeepjuneja@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tim,
> I tried to connect with some committer near by. But got reply that
> this is possible only after personal meeting. He recommended to get it
> signed is some upcoming cloud stack. Is it required for release as I
> have uploaded public key to MIT server. I will sign jars with the
> private key I am having and anybody can use this with public key I
> have uploaded.

Hi Gagan,
That's why I suggested you find a local committer:)  Is anyone in
range that you could meetup for a beer or coffee?  Most folks (myself
included) will want to see some in-person identification before
signing a key.  Technically, maybe there's no requirement to be linked
into the WoT but it's surely the best thing for the project to have
trusted releases.  I'm not sure what to say, I hate to turn down an
eager Release Manager - hopefully you can find some spare time to
meetup with someone? :)

thanks,
--tim