From Aaron McCurry <amccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release Time!
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2014 13:44:07 GMT
On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 12:58 AM, Patrick Hunt <phunt@apache.org> wrote:

> Nice. This looks good to me in general. Couple issues:
>
> 1) "Assuming the vote passes" i'd change that to "Once the vote passes
> on both the blur dev list and incubator general" etc....
>
> You can find more details on the process here:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-incubator-release-vote
>
> basically though it's 1) call the vote on dev list, min 72hours, if
> that passes 2) call the vote on incubator general, if that passes
> (wait another 72hrs, min 3 IPMC +1's, regular rules re release vote
> (the vote needs to pass)) then you're ready to roll.
>
> See also:
> http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release

Agreed, I will update the instructions.

> 2) I think you also need to "release" the mvn staged artifacts as part
> of the "roll out" process?

I actually removed this section from the instructions because we didn't do
for the first release.  I will add back the instructions written up for
Apache Whirr:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WHIRR/How+To+Release

However I think that I need to setup (or have setup) something in
https://repository.apache.org/ so that we can stage and push our artifacts.
 Do you know what the process is here or can point me to a doc?  I have
done a quick look in JIRA for other requests and did not find any.  I will
continue to look for more information.

Thanks,

Aaron