From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduating from the Incubator
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 01:13:27 GMT
Does everyone understand the process and requirements necessary for a
functioning project that "gets the Apache Way(tm)" :-)

So far I only see Aaron as the RM, it would be good for other folks to
take a turn (ensure someone else is available, Apache never wants to
have a single point of failure on this stuff).

Doug makes a good point
http://incubator.apache.org/blur/get_involved.html
should highlight how to download the released artifacts. The site
needs some work, you should review the branding and site guidelines
(esp the incubator ones as they are more prescriptive)
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html

You're missing the incubation disclaimer from what I see. (a big
no-no, should be fixed asap)

iirc the name search is complete, is that right?

Probably would be a good idea to clean up the site a bit and do a
release or two under different RMs. I don't see any other major issues
though. Continuing to build community is great, but you have the
minimum imo.

Patrick

ps. keep in mind that graduation to TLP is really nothing "magical".
There's less oversight, but all the basic things that you did during
incubation still need to get done.