From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduating from the Incubator
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 03:28:35 GMT
On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 8:13 PM, Patrick Hunt <phunt@apache.org> wrote:
> Does everyone understand the process and requirements necessary for a
> functioning project that "gets the Apache Way(tm)" :-)

What I've observed has been favorable.  I suggest that the community
is far enough along in the Apache Way continuum to graduate.

> So far I only see Aaron as the RM, it would be good for other folks to
> take a turn (ensure someone else is available, Apache never wants to
> have a single point of failure on this stuff).

Good, but not necessary for graduation.  I'm looking for blockers - as
a community, hopefully we'll always be looking to improve, including
adding other RMs.

> Doug makes a good point
> http://incubator.apache.org/blur/get_involved.html
> should highlight how to download the released artifacts. The site
> needs some work, you should review the branding and site guidelines
> (esp the incubator ones as they are more prescriptive)
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html

are there graduation-blocking issues you're aware of?

> You're missing the incubation disclaimer from what I see. (a big
> no-no, should be fixed asap)

clear you browser cache?

> iirc the name search is complete, is that right?

There's a trademark assignment doc needing worked - but the name
search itself has been signed off on.

> Probably would be a good idea to clean up the site a bit and do a
> release or two under different RMs. I don't see any other major issues
> though. Continuing to build community is great, but you have the
> minimum imo.

does this mean you'd be supportive if a vote was called or no?

> ps. keep in mind that graduation to TLP is really nothing "magical".
> There's less oversight, but all the basic things that you did during
> incubation still need to get done.

experience on other PMCs has made me aware of the lack of magic, sad
condition that it is...

--tim