From Aaron McCurry <amccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Snapshots Timestamp
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 20:14:55 GMT
On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 3:02 PM, rahul challapalli <
challapallirahul@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> When taking snapshots I believe (can be wrong as I haven't checked the
> code) we are not considering the exact timestamp at which the snapshot was
> requested. Each shard server takes a snapshot whenever it receives the
> request which technically could mean different timestamps on different
> shard servers. What if someone wants the timestamp to be exact? I am just
> throwing out some of my thoughts.

Interesting, I think that we would need to actually record the timestamp
for each Record that is received into the system for that to actually make
a difference.  Otherwise like you described the timestamp would be an
arbitrary point in time that the user would provide and would be applied to
each server whenever the request is received (or just the time on the
server when it received the request).  It would be interesting to discuss
the addition of a timestamp in the Record of Blur to allow for tracking
changes through time.

Aaron