From Aaron McCurry <amccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new queue capability
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2014 16:10:09 GMT
What if we provide an implementation of the QueueReader concept that does
what you are discussing.  That way in more extreme cases when the user is
forced into implementing the lower level api (perhaps for performance) they
can still do it, but for the normal case the partitioning (and other
difficult issues) are handled by the controllers.

I could see adding an enqueueMutate call to the controllers that pushes the
mutates to the correct buckets for the user.  At the same time we could
allow each of the controllers to pull from an external and push the mutates
to the correct buckets for the shards.  I could see a couple of different
ways of handling this.

However I do agree that right now there is too much burden on the user for
the 95% case.  We should make this simpler.

Aaron