From Colton McInroy <col...@dosarrest.com>
Subject Re: Column Family and Queries
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 00:53:22 GMT
Hello Aaron,

     As long as this works with both the ability to add rows/records and
queries.... As I've mentioned in the past, I'm using this to implement a
logging system, and I figure I guess I could use family columns to
separate a message into the event fields and the parsed message fields,
but when making queries, it would be easiest for people using it not to
have to differentiate between the column families.

     I can see this being handled two ways really. One, making it so
that if a column family is not specified, that the query will query all
families with that field. The second method I could see is having a
method called on the Query object or something specifying which column
families to query by default, with the option to specify all column
families.

Thanks,
Colton McInroy

  * Director of Security Engineering