From Colton McInroy <col...@dosarrest.com>
Subject Column Family and Queries
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2013 23:07:53 GMT
Hello,

     I am wondering about the ability to not have column families. I
noticed that when doing a query it appears you HAVE to specify the
column family where it would be nice to be able to just specify the
column name, and perhaps use a default column family or something.

Instead of having to do somefamily.somecolumn:somevalue it would be nice
to just do somecolumn:somevalue. I need to be able to expose the query
language to some users, and I think the concept of column families will
be difficult for them to understand, and it makes for larger queries as
well.

--
Thanks,
Colton McInroy