From Aaron McCurry <amccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems Getting Started with Table Creation
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 17:39:46 GMT
Hey Hunter,

First off welcome to the community.  Let me start by asking a couple of
debugging questions.

After you run that command, if you run "list" is testtable3 in the list?

Also are there are any tables in the list?  If there are make sure that
none of them are also using the "file:///data/testtable3" location.  If
they are that may be your problem.  If this was a unique name problem then
Blur would likely throw a blurexception and fail immediately.  But since
it's an ioexception my guess is there's another table using that path.
 Blurexceptions are not tried but any other exceptions are retried a few
times which might explain the 15 second delay.

For debugging you can run "debug" in the shell to toggle the stack traces
on and off.

You also might want to take a look at the controller and shard log files
found in the $BLUR_HOME/logs directory.

Let us know what you find and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Aaron