From Aaron McCurry <amccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems Getting Started with Table Creation
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 12:33:13 GMT
Great!  FYI, if you configure in the blur-site.properties file:

blur.cluster.<cluster name here>.table.uri=<hdfs uri>

For example:

blur.cluster.default.table.uri=file:///localdir/tables

Then all the tables will be place under that location with their name being
the sub directory name.  That way the -l option in the create table command
won't be needed.

Aaron

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 8:28 AM, Hunter Williams <hunter.williams@bti360.com
> wrote:

> That was it. I wasn't paying attention to the structure of the file path
> and  assumed it was a relative path to blur.
>
> Everything works fine now!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hunter
>

> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 10:09 PM, Aaron McCurry <amccurry@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hey Hunter,
> >
> > I think that I have found and fixed the issue.
> >
> > I think that problem was that the directory (-l file:///blah blah) that
> you
> > were passing to the create command didn't exist or your user didn't have
> > access to write or create directories in that location.  There was a
> silent
> > problem/error in the system that was not correctly handling that
> situation.
> >  Here's the commit where I have hopefully fixed that issue.
> >

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-blur.git;a=commit;h=3907981fc738c57f9c24fb0ebd1f31e1d40a17cd
> >
> > Let me know if you are stilling having the same problem after you pull
> and
> > rebuild.  Thanks!
> >
> > Aaron
> >

> > On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 5:03 PM, Aaron McCurry <amccurry@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Well... hmm.  Sorry for all the problems.  Let me take a look at this
> > when
> > > I get home.  I will walk through the getting started guide start by
> step
> > > and hopefully get the same error.  I will let you know.
> > >
> > > Aaron

> was a

> /tmp/zk_data
> remove