From Aaron McCurry <amccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LICENSE File?
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2013 19:13:16 GMT
I have gone through each project and I have gotten "mvn apache-rat:check"
to pass with the following exclusions (which seem like a lot):

<exclude>LICENSE</exclude>
<exclude>CHANGES.txt</exclude>
<exclude>DISCLAIMER</exclude>
<exclude>NOTICE</exclude>
<exclude>README</exclude>
<exclude>**/README.textile</exclude>
<exclude>**/.classpath</exclude>
<exclude>**/.project</exclude>
<exclude>**/.settings/**</exclude>

Going to try and get all the javascript and css libraries to not have to do
excluded and just add their licenses into the files.  However d3's license
is not identified by rat.

<!-- These javascript libs are accounted for in the
LICENSE-src file in distribution/src/main/resources -->
<exclude>contrib/blur-console/blur-admin/vendor/assets/javascripts/d3/**</exclude>
<exclude>contrib/blur-console/blur-admin/vendor/assets/javascripts/backbone/**</exclude>
<exclude>contrib/blur-console/blur-admin/vendor/assets/javascripts/flot/**</exclude>
<exclude>contrib/blur-console/blur-admin/vendor/assets/javascripts/jquery.*.js</exclude>
<exclude>contrib/blur-console/blur-admin/vendor/assets/javascripts/modernizr.js</exclude>
<exclude>contrib/blur-console/blur-admin/vendor/assets/javascripts/sorttable.js</exclude>
<exclude>contrib/blur-console/blur-admin/vendor/assets/javascripts/underscore.js</exclude>
<exclude>contrib/blur-console/blur-admin/vendor/assets/javascripts/datatables.fnReloadAjax.js</exclude>

<!-- These css libs are accounted for in the LICENSE file -->
<exclude>contrib/blur-console/blur-admin/vendor/assets/stylesheets/jquery*.css</exclude>
<exclude>contrib/blur-console/blur-admin/vendor/assets/stylesheets/ui.dynatree.css</exclude>

<!-- Ruby gems -->
<exclude>contrib/blur-console/blur-admin/vendor/gems/cancan/**</exclude>

<!-- Generated during the rail build process in the blur-admin project -->
<exclude>contrib/blur-console/blur-admin/Gemfile.lock</exclude>

<!-- Contains a list of english words that are used for load testing,
adding a header
would make the simple parsers more complex -->
<exclude>**/src/main/resources/org/apache/blur/thrift/util/words.txt</exclude>

<!-- These javascript libs are accounted for in the
LICENSE file in root of the project -->
<exclude>**/src/main/webapp/js/d3.v2.js</exclude>
<exclude>**/src/main/webapp/js/d3.v2.min.js</exclude>

<!-- License and Notice files for Blur -->
<exclude>**/src/main/resources/license-bin.noinclude</exclude>
<exclude>**/src/main/resources/license-notes.txt</exclude>
<exclude>**/src/main/resources/NOTICE-src.txt</exclude>

<!-- Default configuration files used by Blur -->
<exclude>**/src/main/scripts/conf/controllers</exclude>
<exclude>**/src/main/scripts/conf/default_zoo.cfg</exclude>
<exclude>**/src/main/scripts/conf/shards</exclude>
<exclude>**/src/main/scripts/conf/zookeepers</exclude>

<!-- Generate by Thrift -->
<exclude>**/src/main/scripts/interface/gen-html/Blur.html</exclude>
<exclude>**/src/main/scripts/interface/gen-html/index.html</exclude>

<!-- Used to create empty directories in git -->
<exclude>**/.empty</exclude>

If anyone has problems or issues with any of these, please let me know.
 Thanks!

Aaron