From Aaron McCurry <amccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems Getting Started with Table Creation
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 02:09:14 GMT
Hey Hunter,

I think that I have found and fixed the issue.

I think that problem was that the directory (-l file:///blah blah) that you
were passing to the create command didn't exist or your user didn't have
access to write or create directories in that location.  There was a silent
problem/error in the system that was not correctly handling that situation.
 Here's the commit where I have hopefully fixed that issue.

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-blur.git;a=commit;h=3907981fc738c57f9c24fb0ebd1f31e1d40a17cd

Let me know if you are stilling having the same problem after you pull and
rebuild.  Thanks!

Aaron

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 5:03 PM, Aaron McCurry <amccurry@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well... hmm.  Sorry for all the problems.  Let me take a look at this when
> I get home.  I will walk through the getting started guide start by step
> and hopefully get the same error.  I will let you know.
>
> Aaron
>

> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Hunter Williams <
> hunter.williams@bti360.com> wrote:
>
>> Aaron,
>>
>> All I've had do was install ssh since I already had maven and openjdk.  I
>> literally pulled from git and built.
>>
>> I stopped everything. I removed the only item within zk_data which was a
>> folder called "version-2". I restarted the vm. I reran blur. I tried
>> another table same error.
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/hunterwilliams/74e99eeaa27c37ff7d1c
>>

>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> Hunter
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 4:12 PM, Aaron McCurry <amccurry@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > I think I know what's going on here.  Try removing everything from
>> > ZooKeeper, if you are not running a standalone install and haven't
>> changed
>> > the default blur configs then the ZooKeeper data path is /tmp/zk_data
>> (see
>> > conf/default_zoo.cfg).  Make sure you shut everything down and remove
>> then
>> > restart everything.  My guess is that maybe you removed the data from
>> the
>> > file system but left the info in ZooKeeper and Blur got into a weird
>> > state.  Let me know if this helps or not.
>> >
>> > Aaron
>> >

>> > On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Hunter Williams <
>> > hunter.williams@bti360.com

>> > https://gist.github.com/hunterwilliams/07dbacb6d65ca89ebddf

>> had
>> > not