From Colton McInroy <col...@dosarrest.com>
Subject Re: Reworking the data model
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:40:48 GMT
I personally think that the Row/Record/Column model makes sense. If you
have some documentation on the site saying here are the Lucene
equivalents to Blur it would probably avoid having those types of
questions in the future. If you have an explanation of this, you could
leave the model the same to avoid having to make a bunch of changes and
cause chaos.

Glad the Family attribute is being dropped, I kinda came in at the end
of it's lifespan I guess, because it doesn't really make much sense to
me. How long till it's actually dropped from the code though?

One thing I would like to see is Row be an option. In my current
implementation of Lucene code I don't use them at all, because what I am
working with makes no sense to have rows really. I also don't recall
DocGroups being required in Lucene, and I never worked with them, so
that kinda threw me off when I ran into it.

Thanks,
Colton McInroy

  * Director of Security Engineering

Phone