From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trouble Building 0.2
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 18:42:35 GMT
On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 2:33 PM,  <development@the10thfloor.com> wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> Unfortunately, all the documentation is incomplete.

This is true, sorry about that, your questions help immensely in this
area though:)

> For example, the "Download Blur from here" link on the page you referenced
> goes to a page that doesn't exist.

Yeah, that's probably anticipating a release - which we hope to have soon.

> I was trying to follow the instructions on
> http://wiki.apache.org/blur/QuickStart-0.2.dev; however, those are also
> inaccurate.
>
> 1. git checkout 0.2-dev gives you error: pathspec '0.2-dev' did not match
> any file(s) known to git.  -> i used master instead as instructed by
> Aaron.

Yep, master is best.

> 2. cd incubator-blur/src is a path that does not exist after git clone.
> -> i used 'cd incubator-blur'

that's correct, we recently flattened the project's directory
structure to not have the extra 'src' directory, so that documentation
is out of date.

> 3. a file
> incubator-blur/src/distribution/target/apache-blur-0.2.0-SNAPSHOT-bin.tar.gz
> is supposed to be created in the target folder after mvn install.  this
> does not occur.

mvn install -P distribution
.. should create artifacts in:
incubator-blur/distribution/target/

> Using find I located the files after mvn install in
> /opt/incubator-blur/distribution/src/main/scripts/bin/.  If this is wrong
> please let me know.

yeah, that's wrong, you really need the artifact itself in the
incubator-blur/distribution/target directory.

Thanks,
--tim