From rahul challapalli <challapallira...@gmail.com>
Subject Observations from Coudera Search
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 04:11:05 GMT
Hi,

I attended a talk from Cloudera about their search solution. One thing
which was striking was their NRT indexing. They have multiple integration
points (Flume, HBase) which enables them to index the data as and when it
is written to HDFS apart from MapReduce based adhoc-batch indexing. One
thing which was not clear was how(if any) they store metadata(analogous to
out TableDescriptor) about Indexes.

Also upon just starting a conversation later, I was told that they
collaborated with the Blur Team which I was not aware of.

- Rahul