From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release Canidate
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 00:42:17 GMT
LMK if you have any questions, however the easiest way to get reviews
is to post an RC to the dev list for review. People can provide
comments and when it's ready (once ppmc has approved) you can call for
the vote on the IPMC.
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#note-votes

Are you planning to include binary convenience artifacts or just a
source artifact? Starting with source only will make the process
simpler. Including binaries makes things simpler for end users
however...

You might also take a look at release artifacts from projects that
recently went through the process. Curator & S4 have recent downloads
you could look at.

Creating a "how to release" page on the wiki is a great thing to have
IMO. This is a bit old but here's the one we used for whirr when it
was in the incubator:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=27833322

Patrick