From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: General Licensing Question about HTML content and the like
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 05:55:52 GMT
On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 4:51 PM, Chris Rohr <rohr.chris@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to help with adding licenses to blur console.  Question though,
> does the license need to just be in the source or in anything that is
> compiled too (i.e. templates that compile to HTML, scss files that compile
> to CSS.). Is the license required to show up in both or just the source?

Hi Chris. Hm... See is this helps at all:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#notes-license-headers
specifically "Copyright may not subsist in a document which is
generated by an transformation from an original. In which case, the
license header may be unnecessary."

That said you should typically try to get the header into any file
that's shipped.

Patrick