From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NOTICE file question.
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 02:36:46 GMT
On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 10:31 PM, Aaron McCurry <amccurry@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, that makes sense.  Thanks!
>
> Now how is it overachieving?  Need to understand the boundaries or
> guidelines here.  As I understand it the plugin I used to generate the
> NOTICE file walks all of the deps and deps of deps as well.  So what is a
> good balance if everything is not the answer?

Everything goes in LICENSE.  Stuff is added to NOTICE only when we're
legally required to[1]. It's confusing.  It'll still be confusing
after you read that doc.  It'll even be confusing after a few years of
abiding by it:)

That plugin seems like it would be more useful if it helped generate
the LICENSE...

--tim

[1] - http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html