From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NOTICE file question.
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 02:24:53 GMT
On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 8:18 PM, Aaron McCurry <amccurry@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I am depending on another Apache Project, can I assume that I don't have
> to put that's projects dependencies in my NOTICE file?  What about other
> projects outside of Apache that have dependencies (not sure if there are
> any cases of it)?

They're the same as any dependency - if it's included in the release
package, it needs to be accounted for[1].  Having said that, I think
the current NOTICE file is overachieving.  Many of those should be
moved to LICENSE and removed from there.

--tim

[1] - http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#deps-of-deps