incubator-blur-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Gagan Juneja <gagandeepjun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issues with rat
Date Sat, 08 Jun 2013 17:38:26 GMT
Hi Aaron,
I tried to debug this issue and found following findings, even though
I am myself not fully convinced with this.

1. When we are running mvn rat:check , maven is trying to resolve this
plugin from  [org.apache.maven.plugins, org.codehaus.mojo] and it
finds maven-rat-plugin version 1.0-alpha-3 in org.codehaus.mojo, which
we are not looking for.
2. apache-rat-plugin is not defined in org.apache.maven.plugins so
when we are typing mvn rat:check, maven is not able to resolve this
but if we can attach this plugin to any of the maven phase (I tried
with verify and goal check) it is running perfectly fine and excluding
git directory as well.
3. As per my understanding apache-rat-plugin is full fledged plugin in
itself so why it is not running is not clear to me but yes if we
attach this to any maven phase it works.

Regards,
Gagan

On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 6:37 PM, Aaron McCurry <amccurry@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know this is long but here the entire output before it starts checking.
>
> Also it seems to be using
>
> [DEBUG] Resolved plugin version for org.codehaus.mojo:rat-maven-plugin to
> 1.0-alpha-3 from repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2,
> releases)
>
> That seems odd.
>
> Aaron
>
>
> Apache Maven 3.0.3 (r1075438; 2011-02-28 12:31:09-0500)
> Maven home: /usr/share/maven
> Java version: 1.6.0_43, vendor: Apple Inc.
> Java home: /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home
> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: MacRoman
> OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.7.5", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"
> [INFO] Error stacktraces are turned on.
> [DEBUG] Reading global settings from /usr/share/maven/conf/settings.xml
> [DEBUG] Reading user settings from /Users/amccurry/.m2/settings.xml
> [DEBUG] Using local repository at /Users/amccurry/.m2/repository
> [DEBUG] Using manager EnhancedLocalRepositoryManager with priority 10 for
> /Users/amccurry/.m2/repository
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [DEBUG] Extension realms for project
> org.apache.blur:blur:pom:0.1.5-incubating: (none)
> [DEBUG] Looking up lifecyle mappings for packaging pom from
> ClassRealm[plexus.core, parent: null]
> [DEBUG] Extension realms for project
> org.apache.blur:blur-core:jar:0.1.5-incubating: (none)
> [DEBUG] Looking up lifecyle mappings for packaging jar from
> ClassRealm[plexus.core, parent: null]
> [DEBUG] Extension realms for project
> org.apache.blur:blur-thrift:jar:0.1.5-incubating: (none)
> [DEBUG] Looking up lifecyle mappings for packaging jar from
> ClassRealm[plexus.core, parent: null]
> [DEBUG] Extension realms for project
> org.apache.blur:blur-query:jar:0.1.5-incubating: (none)
> [DEBUG] Looking up lifecyle mappings for packaging jar from
> ClassRealm[plexus.core, parent: null]
> [DEBUG] Extension realms for project
> org.apache.blur:blur-store:jar:0.1.5-incubating: (none)
> [DEBUG] Looking up lifecyle mappings for packaging jar from
> ClassRealm[plexus.core, parent: null]
> [DEBUG] Extension realms for project
> org.apache.blur:blur-mapred:jar:0.1.5-incubating: (none)
> [DEBUG] Looking up lifecyle mappings for packaging jar from
> ClassRealm[plexus.core, parent: null]
> [DEBUG] Extension realms for project
> org.apache.blur:blur-util:jar:0.1.5-incubating: (none)
> [DEBUG] Looking up lifecyle mappings for packaging jar from
> ClassRealm[plexus.core, parent: null]
> [DEBUG] Extension realms for project
> org.apache.blur:blur-gui:war:0.1.5-incubating: (none)
> [DEBUG] Looking up lifecyle mappings for packaging war from
> ClassRealm[plexus.core, parent: null]
> [DEBUG] Extension realms for project
> org.apache.blur:blur-shell:jar:0.1.5-incubating: (none)
> [DEBUG] Looking up lifecyle mappings for packaging jar from
> ClassRealm[plexus.core, parent: null]
> [DEBUG] Extension realms for project
> org.apache.blur:blur-jdbc:jar:0.1.5-incubating: (none)
> [DEBUG] Looking up lifecyle mappings for packaging jar from
> ClassRealm[plexus.core, parent: null]
> [DEBUG] Extension realms for project
> org.apache.blur:apache-blur:pom:0.1.5-incubating: (none)
> [DEBUG] Looking up lifecyle mappings for packaging pom from
> ClassRealm[plexus.core, parent: null]
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] Reactor Build Order:
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Blur
> [INFO] Blur Util
> [INFO] Blur Thrift
> [INFO] Blur Store
> [INFO] Blur Query
> [INFO] Blur GUI
> [INFO] Blur Core
> [INFO] Blur Map Reduce
> [INFO] Blur Shell
> [INFO] Blur JDBC
> [INFO] Distribution
> [DEBUG] Resolving plugin version for org.jasig.maven:maven-notice-plugin
> [DEBUG] Could not find metadata
> org.jasig.maven:maven-notice-plugin/maven-metadata.xml in local
> (/Users/amccurry/.m2/repository)
> [DEBUG] Skipped remote update check for
> org.jasig.maven:maven-notice-plugin/maven-metadata.xml, locally cached
> metadata up-to-date.
> [DEBUG] Resolved plugin version for org.jasig.maven:maven-notice-plugin to
> 1.0.5 from repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2, releases)
> [DEBUG] Resolving plugin prefix rat from [org.apache.maven.plugins,
> org.codehaus.mojo]
> [WARNING] The POM for org.eclipse.m2e:lifecycle-mapping:jar:1.0.0 is
> missing, no dependency information available
> [WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for
> org.eclipse.m2e:lifecycle-mapping:1.0.0: Plugin
> org.eclipse.m2e:lifecycle-mapping:1.0.0 or one of its dependencies could
> not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for
> org.eclipse.m2e:lifecycle-mapping:jar:1.0.0
> org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginResolutionException: Plugin
> org.eclipse.m2e:lifecycle-mapping:1.0.0 or one of its dependencies could
> not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for
> org.eclipse.m2e:lifecycle-mapping:jar:1.0.0
> at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.resolve(DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.java:129)
> at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultMavenPluginManager.getPluginDescriptor(DefaultMavenPluginManager.java:142)
> at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.loadPlugin(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:59)
> at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.prefix.internal.DefaultPluginPrefixResolver.resolveFromProject(DefaultPluginPrefixResolver.java:139)
> at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.prefix.internal.DefaultPluginPrefixResolver.resolveFromProject(DefaultPluginPrefixResolver.java:126)
> at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.prefix.internal.DefaultPluginPrefixResolver.resolve(DefaultPluginPrefixResolver.java:86)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoDescriptorCreator.findPluginForPrefix(MojoDescriptorCreator.java:262)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoDescriptorCreator.getMojoDescriptor(MojoDescriptorCreator.java:222)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.DefaultLifecycleTaskSegmentCalculator.calculateTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleTaskSegmentCalculator.java:106)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.DefaultLifecycleTaskSegmentCalculator.calculateTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleTaskSegmentCalculator.java:86)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:98)
> at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:319)
> at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
> at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:537)
> at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:196)
> at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:141)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
> at
> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
> at
> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:230)
> at
> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:409)
> at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:352)
> Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.resolution.ArtifactDescriptorException:
> Failed to read artifact descriptor for
> org.eclipse.m2e:lifecycle-mapping:jar:1.0.0
> at
> org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.loadPom(DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.java:282)
> at
> org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.readArtifactDescriptor(DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.java:172)
> at
> org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultRepositorySystem.readArtifactDescriptor(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:316)
> at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.resolve(DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.java:115)
> ... 23 more
> Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException:
> Failure to find org.eclipse.m2e:lifecycle-mapping:pom:1.0.0 in
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository,
> resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has
> elapsed or updates are forced
> at
> org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:541)
> at
> org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:220)
> at
> org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifact(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:197)
> at
> org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.loadPom(DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.java:267)
> ... 26 more
> Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.transfer.ArtifactNotFoundException: Failure
> to find org.eclipse.m2e:lifecycle-mapping:pom:1.0.0 in
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository,
> resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has
> elapsed or updates are forced
> at
> org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultUpdateCheckManager.checkArtifact(DefaultUpdateCheckManager.java:190)
> at
> org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:430)
> ... 29 more
> [DEBUG] Could not find metadata org.apache.maven.plugins/maven-metadata.xml
> in local (/Users/amccurry/.m2/repository)
> [DEBUG] Skipped remote update check for
> org.apache.maven.plugins/maven-metadata.xml, locally cached metadata
> up-to-date.
> [DEBUG] Could not find metadata org.codehaus.mojo/maven-metadata.xml in
> local (/Users/amccurry/.m2/repository)
> [DEBUG] Skipped remote update check for
> org.codehaus.mojo/maven-metadata.xml, locally cached metadata up-to-date.
> [DEBUG] Resolved plugin prefix rat to org.codehaus.mojo:rat-maven-plugin
> from repository central
> [DEBUG] Resolving plugin version for org.codehaus.mojo:rat-maven-plugin
> [DEBUG] Could not find metadata
> org.codehaus.mojo:rat-maven-plugin/maven-metadata.xml in local
> (/Users/amccurry/.m2/repository)
> [DEBUG] Skipped remote update check for
> org.codehaus.mojo:rat-maven-plugin/maven-metadata.xml, locally cached
> metadata up-to-date.
> [DEBUG] Resolved plugin version for org.codehaus.mojo:rat-maven-plugin to
> 1.0-alpha-3 from repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2,
> releases)
> [DEBUG] === REACTOR BUILD PLAN
> ================================================
> [DEBUG] Project: org.apache.blur:blur:pom:0.1.5-incubating
> [DEBUG] Tasks:   [rat:check]
> [DEBUG] Style:   Regular
> [DEBUG]
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> [DEBUG] Project: org.apache.blur:blur-util:jar:0.1.5-incubating
> [DEBUG] Tasks:   [rat:check]
> [DEBUG] Style:   Regular
> [DEBUG]
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> [DEBUG] Project: org.apache.blur:blur-thrift:jar:0.1.5-incubating
> [DEBUG] Tasks:   [rat:check]
> [DEBUG] Style:   Regular
> [DEBUG]
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> [DEBUG] Project: org.apache.blur:blur-store:jar:0.1.5-incubating
> [DEBUG] Tasks:   [rat:check]
> [DEBUG] Style:   Regular
> [DEBUG]
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> [DEBUG] Project: org.apache.blur:blur-query:jar:0.1.5-incubating
> [DEBUG] Tasks:   [rat:check]
> [DEBUG] Style:   Regular
> [DEBUG]
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> [DEBUG] Project: org.apache.blur:blur-gui:war:0.1.5-incubating
> [DEBUG] Tasks:   [rat:check]
> [DEBUG] Style:   Regular
> [DEBUG]
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> [DEBUG] Project: org.apache.blur:blur-core:jar:0.1.5-incubating
> [DEBUG] Tasks:   [rat:check]
> [DEBUG] Style:   Regular
> [DEBUG]
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> [DEBUG] Project: org.apache.blur:blur-mapred:jar:0.1.5-incubating
> [DEBUG] Tasks:   [rat:check]
> [DEBUG] Style:   Regular
> [DEBUG]
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> [DEBUG] Project: org.apache.blur:blur-shell:jar:0.1.5-incubating
> [DEBUG] Tasks:   [rat:check]
> [DEBUG] Style:   Regular
> [DEBUG]
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> [DEBUG] Project: org.apache.blur:blur-jdbc:jar:0.1.5-incubating
> [DEBUG] Tasks:   [rat:check]
> [DEBUG] Style:   Regular
> [DEBUG]
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> [DEBUG] Project: org.apache.blur:apache-blur:pom:0.1.5-incubating
> [DEBUG] Tasks:   [rat:check]
> [DEBUG] Style:   Regular
> [DEBUG]
> =======================================================================
> [INFO]
>
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] Building Blur 0.1.5-incubating
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [DEBUG] Resolving plugin prefix rat from [org.apache.maven.plugins,
> org.codehaus.mojo]
> [WARNING] The POM for org.eclipse.m2e:lifecycle-mapping:jar:1.0.0 is
> missing, no dependency information available
> [WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for
> org.eclipse.m2e:lifecycle-mapping:1.0.0: Plugin
> org.eclipse.m2e:lifecycle-mapping:1.0.0 or one of its dependencies could
> not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for
> org.eclipse.m2e:lifecycle-mapping:jar:1.0.0
> org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginResolutionException: Plugin
> org.eclipse.m2e:lifecycle-mapping:1.0.0 or one of its dependencies could
> not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for
> org.eclipse.m2e:lifecycle-mapping:jar:1.0.0
> at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.resolve(DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.java:129)
> at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultMavenPluginManager.getPluginDescriptor(DefaultMavenPluginManager.java:142)
> at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.loadPlugin(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:59)
> at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.prefix.internal.DefaultPluginPrefixResolver.resolveFromProject(DefaultPluginPrefixResolver.java:139)
> at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.prefix.internal.DefaultPluginPrefixResolver.resolveFromProject(DefaultPluginPrefixResolver.java:126)
> at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.prefix.internal.DefaultPluginPrefixResolver.resolve(DefaultPluginPrefixResolver.java:86)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoDescriptorCreator.findPluginForPrefix(MojoDescriptorCreator.java:262)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoDescriptorCreator.getMojoDescriptor(MojoDescriptorCreator.java:222)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.DefaultLifecycleExecutionPlanCalculator.calculateMojoExecutions(DefaultLifecycleExecutionPlanCalculator.java:182)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.DefaultLifecycleExecutionPlanCalculator.calculateExecutionPlan(DefaultLifecycleExecutionPlanCalculator.java:112)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.DefaultLifecycleExecutionPlanCalculator.calculateExecutionPlan(DefaultLifecycleExecutionPlanCalculator.java:129)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.BuilderCommon.resolveBuildPlan(BuilderCommon.java:92)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:81)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
> at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:319)
> at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
> at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:537)
> at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:196)
> at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:141)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
> at
> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
> at
> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:230)
> at
> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:409)
> at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:352)
> Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.resolution.ArtifactDescriptorException:
> Failed to read artifact descriptor for
> org.eclipse.m2e:lifecycle-mapping:jar:1.0.0
> at
> org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.loadPom(DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.java:282)
> at
> org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.readArtifactDescriptor(DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.java:172)
> at
> org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultRepositorySystem.readArtifactDescriptor(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:316)
> at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.resolve(DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.java:115)
> ... 28 more
> Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException:
> Failure to find org.eclipse.m2e:lifecycle-mapping:pom:1.0.0 in
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository,
> resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has
> elapsed or updates are forced
> at
> org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:541)
> at
> org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:220)
> at
> org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifact(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:197)
> at
> org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.loadPom(DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.java:267)
> ... 31 more
> Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.transfer.ArtifactNotFoundException: Failure
> to find org.eclipse.m2e:lifecycle-mapping:pom:1.0.0 in
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository,
> resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has
> elapsed or updates are forced
> at
> org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultUpdateCheckManager.checkArtifact(DefaultUpdateCheckManager.java:190)
> at
> org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:430)
> ... 34 more
> [DEBUG] Could not find metadata org.apache.maven.plugins/maven-metadata.xml
> in local (/Users/amccurry/.m2/repository)
> [DEBUG] Skipped remote update check for
> org.apache.maven.plugins/maven-metadata.xml, locally cached metadata
> up-to-date.
> [DEBUG] Could not find metadata org.codehaus.mojo/maven-metadata.xml in
> local (/Users/amccurry/.m2/repository)
> [DEBUG] Skipped remote update check for
> org.codehaus.mojo/maven-metadata.xml, locally cached metadata up-to-date.
> [DEBUG] Resolved plugin prefix rat to org.codehaus.mojo:rat-maven-plugin
> from repository central
> [DEBUG] Resolving plugin version for org.codehaus.mojo:rat-maven-plugin
> [DEBUG] Could not find metadata
> org.codehaus.mojo:rat-maven-plugin/maven-metadata.xml in local
> (/Users/amccurry/.m2/repository)
> [DEBUG] Skipped remote update check for
> org.codehaus.mojo:rat-maven-plugin/maven-metadata.xml, locally cached
> metadata up-to-date.
> [DEBUG] Resolved plugin version for org.codehaus.mojo:rat-maven-plugin to
> 1.0-alpha-3 from repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2,
> releases)
> [DEBUG] Lifecycle default -> [validate, initialize, generate-sources,
> process-sources, generate-resources, process-resources, compile,
> process-classes, generate-test-sources, process-test-sources,
> generate-test-resources, process-test-resources, test-compile,
> process-test-classes, test, prepare-package, package, pre-integration-test,
> integration-test, post-integration-test, verify, install, deploy]
> [DEBUG] Lifecycle clean -> [pre-clean, clean, post-clean]
> [DEBUG] Lifecycle site -> [pre-site, site, post-site, site-deploy]
> [DEBUG] === PROJECT BUILD PLAN
> ================================================
> [DEBUG] Project:       org.apache.blur:blur:0.1.5-incubating
> [DEBUG] Dependencies (collect): []
> [DEBUG] Dependencies (resolve): []
> [DEBUG] Repositories (dependencies): [apache.snapshots (
> http://repository.apache.org/snapshots, snapshots), central (
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2, releases)]
> [DEBUG] Repositories (plugins)     : [central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2,
> releases)]
> [DEBUG]
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> [DEBUG] Goal:          org.codehaus.mojo:rat-maven-plugin:1.0-alpha-3:check
> (default-cli)
> [DEBUG] Style:         Regular
> [DEBUG] Configuration: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <configuration>
>   <addDefaultLicenseMatchers
> default-value="true">${rat.addDefaultLicenseMatchers}</addDefaultLicenseMatchers>
>   <basedir default-value="${basedir}">${rat.basedir}</basedir>
>   <excludeSubProjects
> default-value="true">${rat.excludeSubprojects}</excludeSubProjects>
>   <numUnapprovedLicenses
> default-value="0">${rat.numUnapprovedLicenses}</numUnapprovedLicenses>
>   <project default-value="${project}"/>
>   <reportFile
> default-value="${project.build.directory}/rat.txt">${rat.outputFile}</reportFile>
>   <useDefaultExcludes
> default-value="true">${rat.useDefaultExcludes}</useDefaultExcludes>
>   <useEclipseDefaultExcludes
> default-value="true">${rat.useEclipseDefaultExcludes}</useEclipseDefaultExcludes>
>   <useIdeaDefaultExcludes
> default-value="true">${rat.useIdeaDefaultExcludes}</useIdeaDefaultExcludes>
>   <useMavenDefaultExcludes
> default-value="true">${rat.useMavenDefaultExcludes}</useMavenDefaultExcludes>
> </configuration>
> [DEBUG]
> =======================================================================
> [INFO]
> [INFO] --- rat-maven-plugin:1.0-alpha-3:check (default-cli) @ blur ---
> [DEBUG] Created new class realm maven.api
> [DEBUG] Importing foreign packages into class realm maven.api
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.wagon.events < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.sonatype.aether.transfer < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.exception < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.sonatype.aether.metadata < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.Xpp3Dom < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.sonatype.aether.collection < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.sonatype.aether.version < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.monitor < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.wagon.repository < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.repository < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.wagon.resource < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.codehaus.plexus.logging < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.profiles < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.sonatype.aether.repository < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.classrealm < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.execution < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.sonatype.aether.artifact < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.sonatype.aether.spi < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.reporting < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.usability < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.codehaus.plexus.container < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.codehaus.plexus.component < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.pull.XmlSerializer <
> plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.wagon.authentication < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.lifecycle < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.sonatype.aether.graph < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.sonatype.aether.* < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.settings < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.codehaus.classworlds < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.sonatype.aether.impl < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.wagon.* < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.toolchain < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.sonatype.aether.deployment < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.wagon.observers < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported:
> org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.pull.XmlPullParserException < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.pull.XmlPullParser <
> plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.configuration < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.cli < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.sonatype.aether.installation < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.codehaus.plexus.context < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.wagon.authorization < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.project < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.rtinfo < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.codehaus.plexus.lifecycle < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.codehaus.plexus.configuration < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.artifact < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.model < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.* < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.wagon.proxy < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.sonatype.aether.resolution < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.apache.maven.plugin < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.codehaus.plexus.* < plexus.core
> [DEBUG]   Imported: org.codehaus.plexus.personality < plexus.core
> [DEBUG] Populating class realm maven.api
> [DEBUG] org.codehaus.mojo:rat-maven-plugin:jar:1.0-alpha-3:
> [DEBUG]    com.google.code.p.arat:rat-lib:jar:0.5.1:compile
> [DEBUG]       commons-collections:commons-collections:jar:3.2:compile
> [DEBUG]       commons-lang:commons-lang:jar:2.1:compile
> [DEBUG]    org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.4:compile
> [DEBUG]    org.apache.maven:maven-plugin-api:jar:2.0.4:compile
> [DEBUG]
>  org.apache.maven.doxia:doxia-site-renderer:jar:1.0-alpha-8:compile
> [DEBUG]       org.apache.maven.doxia:doxia-core:jar:1.0-alpha-8:compile
> [DEBUG]
>  org.apache.maven.doxia:doxia-sink-api:jar:1.0-alpha-8:compile
> [DEBUG]       org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-i18n:jar:1.0-beta-6:compile
> [DEBUG]       org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-velocity:jar:1.1.3:compile
> [DEBUG]          velocity:velocity:jar:1.4:compile
> [DEBUG]             velocity:velocity-dep:jar:1.4:runtime
> [DEBUG]
> org.apache.maven.doxia:doxia-decoration-model:jar:1.0-alpha-8:compile
> [DEBUG]    org.apache.maven.reporting:maven-reporting-impl:jar:2.0.4:compile
> [DEBUG]       org.apache.maven:maven-project:jar:2.0.4:compile
> [DEBUG]          org.apache.maven:maven-settings:jar:2.0.4:compile
> [DEBUG]          org.apache.maven:maven-profile:jar:2.0.4:compile
> [DEBUG]          org.apache.maven:maven-model:jar:2.0.4:compile
> [DEBUG]       commons-validator:commons-validator:jar:1.2.0:compile
> [DEBUG]          commons-beanutils:commons-beanutils:jar:1.7.0:compile
> [DEBUG]          commons-digester:commons-digester:jar:1.6:compile
> [DEBUG]          commons-logging:commons-logging:jar:1.0.4:compile
> [DEBUG]          xml-apis:xml-apis:jar:1.0.b2:compile
> [DEBUG]       oro:oro:jar:2.0.7:compile
> [DEBUG]
> org.apache.maven.reporting:maven-reporting-api:jar:2.0.4:compile
> [DEBUG]    org.apache.maven:maven-artifact-manager:jar:2.0.4:compile
> [DEBUG]       org.apache.maven:maven-repository-metadata:jar:2.0.4:compile
> [DEBUG]       org.apache.maven:maven-artifact:jar:2.0.4:compile
> [DEBUG]
> org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-container-default:jar:1.0-alpha-9:compile
> [DEBUG]          classworlds:classworlds:jar:1.1-alpha-2:compile
> [DEBUG]
>  org.apache.maven.shared:maven-plugin-testing-harness:jar:1.0-beta-1:compile
> [DEBUG]       org.apache.maven:maven-core:jar:2.0:compile
> [DEBUG]
>  org.apache.maven:maven-plugin-parameter-documenter:jar:2.0:compile
> [DEBUG]          org.apache.maven:maven-error-diagnostics:jar:2.0:compile
> [DEBUG]          org.apache.maven:maven-plugin-registry:jar:2.0:compile
> [DEBUG]          commons-cli:commons-cli:jar:1.0:compile
> [DEBUG]          org.apache.maven:maven-plugin-descriptor:jar:2.0:compile
> [DEBUG]
>  org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-interactivity-api:jar:1.0-alpha-4:compile
> [DEBUG]          org.apache.maven:maven-monitor:jar:2.0:compile
> [DEBUG]       junit:junit:jar:3.8.1:test (scope managed from compile)
> [DEBUG] Created new class realm
> plugin>org.codehaus.mojo:rat-maven-plugin:1.0-alpha-3
> [DEBUG] Importing foreign packages into class realm
> plugin>org.codehaus.mojo:rat-maven-plugin:1.0-alpha-3
> [DEBUG]   Imported:  < maven.api
> [DEBUG] Populating class realm
> plugin>org.codehaus.mojo:rat-maven-plugin:1.0-alpha-3
> [DEBUG]   Included: org.codehaus.mojo:rat-maven-plugin:jar:1.0-alpha-3
> [DEBUG]   Included: com.google.code.p.arat:rat-lib:jar:0.5.1
> [DEBUG]   Included: commons-collections:commons-collections:jar:3.2
> [DEBUG]   Included: commons-lang:commons-lang:jar:2.1
> [DEBUG]   Included: org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.4
> [DEBUG]   Included:
> org.apache.maven.doxia:doxia-site-renderer:jar:1.0-alpha-8
> [DEBUG]   Included: org.apache.maven.doxia:doxia-core:jar:1.0-alpha-8
> [DEBUG]   Included: org.apache.maven.doxia:doxia-sink-api:jar:1.0-alpha-8
> [DEBUG]   Included: org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-i18n:jar:1.0-beta-6
> [DEBUG]   Included: org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-velocity:jar:1.1.3
> [DEBUG]   Included: velocity:velocity:jar:1.4
> [DEBUG]   Included: velocity:velocity-dep:jar:1.4
> [DEBUG]   Included:
> org.apache.maven.doxia:doxia-decoration-model:jar:1.0-alpha-8
> [DEBUG]   Included:
> org.apache.maven.reporting:maven-reporting-impl:jar:2.0.4
> [DEBUG]   Included: commons-validator:commons-validator:jar:1.2.0
> [DEBUG]   Included: commons-beanutils:commons-beanutils:jar:1.7.0
> [DEBUG]   Included: commons-digester:commons-digester:jar:1.6
> [DEBUG]   Included: commons-logging:commons-logging:jar:1.0.4
> [DEBUG]   Included: xml-apis:xml-apis:jar:1.0.b2
> [DEBUG]   Included: oro:oro:jar:2.0.7
> [DEBUG]   Included: org.apache.maven.reporting:maven-reporting-api:jar:2.0.4
> [DEBUG]   Included:
> org.apache.maven.shared:maven-plugin-testing-harness:jar:1.0-beta-1
> [DEBUG]   Included: commons-cli:commons-cli:jar:1.0
> [DEBUG]   Included:
> org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-interactivity-api:jar:1.0-alpha-4
> [DEBUG]   Excluded: org.apache.maven:maven-plugin-api:jar:2.0.4
> [DEBUG]   Excluded: org.apache.maven:maven-project:jar:2.0.4
> [DEBUG]   Excluded: org.apache.maven:maven-settings:jar:2.0.4
> [DEBUG]   Excluded: org.apache.maven:maven-profile:jar:2.0.4
> [DEBUG]   Excluded: org.apache.maven:maven-model:jar:2.0.4
> [DEBUG]   Excluded: org.apache.maven:maven-artifact-manager:jar:2.0.4
> [DEBUG]   Excluded: org.apache.maven:maven-repository-metadata:jar:2.0.4
> [DEBUG]   Excluded: org.apache.maven:maven-artifact:jar:2.0.4
> [DEBUG]   Excluded:
> org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-container-default:jar:1.0-alpha-9
> [DEBUG]   Excluded: classworlds:classworlds:jar:1.1-alpha-2
> [DEBUG]   Excluded: org.apache.maven:maven-core:jar:2.0
> [DEBUG]   Excluded:
> org.apache.maven:maven-plugin-parameter-documenter:jar:2.0
> [DEBUG]   Excluded: org.apache.maven:maven-error-diagnostics:jar:2.0
> [DEBUG]   Excluded: org.apache.maven:maven-plugin-registry:jar:2.0
> [DEBUG]   Excluded: org.apache.maven:maven-plugin-descriptor:jar:2.0
> [DEBUG]   Excluded: org.apache.maven:maven-monitor:jar:2.0
> [DEBUG]   Excluded: junit:junit:jar:3.8.1
> [DEBUG] Configuring mojo
> org.codehaus.mojo:rat-maven-plugin:1.0-alpha-3:check from plugin realm
> ClassRealm[plugin>org.codehaus.mojo:rat-maven-plugin:1.0-alpha-3, parent:
> sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@1d9f953d]
> [DEBUG] Configuring mojo
> 'org.codehaus.mojo:rat-maven-plugin:1.0-alpha-3:check' with basic
> configurator -->
> [DEBUG]   (f) addDefaultLicenseMatchers = true
> [DEBUG]   (f) basedir =
> /Users/amccurry/Development/git-projects/incubator-blur
> [DEBUG]   (f) excludeSubProjects = true
> [DEBUG]   (f) numUnapprovedLicenses = 0
> [DEBUG]   (f) project = MavenProject: org.apache.blur:blur:0.1.5-incubating
> @ /Users/amccurry/Development/git-projects/incubator-blur/pom.xml
> [DEBUG]   (f) reportFile =
> /Users/amccurry/Development/git-projects/incubator-blur/target/rat.txt
> [DEBUG]   (f) useDefaultExcludes = true
> [DEBUG]   (f) useEclipseDefaultExcludes = true
> [DEBUG]   (f) useIdeaDefaultExcludes = true
> [DEBUG]   (f) useMavenDefaultExcludes = true
> [DEBUG] -- end configuration --
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Gagan Juneja <gagandeepjuneja@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Aaron,
>> Can you please run rat check with -X switch. What is the value for property
>> <useDefaultExcludes
>> default-value="true">${rat.useDefaultExcludes}</useDefaultExcludes>
>> if this is true then rat plugin should exclude scm directories like
>> .git and .svn.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Gagan
>>
>> On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Aaron McCurry <amccurry@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I'm trying to run mvn rat:check at the root of Blur and it performs the
>> > scan, but it's scanning the .git directory as well.  So it's reporting
>> > 3000+ files that don't have lisenses, etc.
>> >
>> > I have tried:
>> >
>> > 1. Adding to following to the excludes list: "**/.git/**", ".git/**",
>> > ".git", and probably others.
>> > 2. I have also tried running it with 0.9 rat (that's was suppose to have
>> > fixed this problem) and it's still behaves the same way.
>> >
>> > Any ideas?
>> >
>> > Aaron
>>

Mime
View raw message