From Aaron McCurry <amccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Current Branch & Thrift help
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2013 10:13:38 GMT
On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 2:58 AM, rahul challapalli <
challapallirahul@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I started looking at an issue which has been moved to 0.3.0. And there
> seems to be no remote branch to track development for 0.3.0. Where should
> the changes go?

The there is no 0.3.0 branch yet.  We waiting on some answers about our
name so 0.2.0 is still open for new dev.  So just work from the master.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-34?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13683999#comment-13683999

> Also I generated java classes after making modifications to Blur.thrift
> file. However I observed that there is some manual effort involved. Just
> wanted to know whether I am doing it the right way or not. Below are the
> steps that I performed after generating the source for the affected files
>
> 1. Apache license has to be added
> 2. Commenting 2 imports
> 3. Replacing org.apache.thrift with org.apache.blur.thirdparty.thrift_0_9_0
> 4. Manually copying changes from
> distribution/src/main/scripts/inteface/gen-java to
> blur-thrift/src/main/java

There is a script in the distribution/src/main/scripts/interface/

genAndReplace.sh and I think that it has to be run from that directory.
 But is will perform all modifications 1-4 as well as generate the Thrift
files.

> - Rahul

Hope this helps.

Aaron