From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Heads up - HdfsDirectory in Solr
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 14:27:29 GMT
Hey Blur Devs,

My name is Mark Miller and I'm a Lucene/Solr committer.

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up that we are taking advantage of your HdfsDirectory
code in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-4916 "Add support to write and read Solr
index files and transaction log files to and from HDFS."

It's currently integrated into the Solr section of the code base, but I think it would be
an interesting idea to eventually move it to a Lucene module so that more of us can collaborate
on it. I'm in no hurry to get to the bottom of that right now, but something for you guys
to consider joining in on.

To reiterate in a nutshell, I just wanted to let you guys know that we are taking advantage
of your HdfsDirectory in another Apache project and that it might be interesting to collaborate
on an HdfsDirectory implementation as a Lucene module down the line.

- Mark