From Aaron McCurry <amccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Understanding blur
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 12:39:48 GMT
Hello Ray,

The project is currently in an interesting state.  I will attempt to break
down the various branches and where you can seek information about each.

- 0.2-dev
This is the most recent branch and has the latest version of Lucene and
other libraries.  It also contains a shell and a few other nice features, I
would not consider this branch to be feature complete or stable at this
point.  However if you want to kick the tires and check the direction we
are going, here a link to a wiki page to get you started.
http://wiki.apache.org/blur/QuickStart

- 0.1.5
This branch is currently broken, we are attempting to modernize branch
0.1.4-final (update libraries, back port metrics code, shell, etc).  The
thrift API's are going to be backwards compatitable with 0.1.4-final once
it's stable.  Also this is going to be the version that will be the first
Apache release of Blur.  We are hoping to have this branch in a functioning
state in the next few weeks.

- 0.1.4-final (also master)
This is the most stable version of Blur, however it is missing a automatic
build project (to create the tarball), a shell and update to Lucene
version.  You can find some documentation on how to get started in the
README.md file in the root of the project as well as taking a look at the
blur-testsuite which will give you some example code.

Hope this helps, let us know if we can help you in any way.  Thanks!

Aaron