From Aaron McCurry <amccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Working version?
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 19:48:04 GMT
0.1.x is fully functional, however 0.2 has a number of large changes.
 Basically it's completely different from the API perspective.

For 0.1 the README.md file in the root of the git repo has a good bit of
instructions on how to setup a 0.1 cluster and get going.  I have spent the
better part of the day trying to get 0.2 to a deployable state.

The current status on that is:

- I have all the scripts up-to-date.
- I added (last week) a new project called distribution that creates a
tar.gz file with all libs and everything ready to go.
- While running the ThriftBlurServer in eclipse everything seems to work
correctly, however when I start it in a installed environment I'm getting a
strange problem with ZooKeeper.  It connects successfully however after
that it hangs and the session times out.  It's not a GC problem, it seems
to be a locking problem with a watcher.  But I haven't been able to track
it down yet.

I will continue to work on this problem today, once it's fixed I think that
you can perform a full build on the src/ by running "mvn install".  Then
copy the distribution/target/apache-blur-0.2-SPANSHOT.tar.gz file to a
directory of your choice.  Extract the contents, edit the conf/blur-env.sh
to add HADOOP_HOME and JAVA_HOME variables.  Make sure you have ZooKeeper
setup and running.  And that's it to get started.  I will expand on these
instructions in the wiki and post a link once it's complete. Thanks.

Aaron