From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Nov 2012 ([ppmc])
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 17:02:38 GMT
See this page for some guidance on what should be included:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html "Podling Status Reports"

Nothing says that you can't include more than that though, I would
include what you have already, but just add the "missing for
graduation" etc... items from that link.

Is the status page up to date?

Patrick

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 5:38 AM, Tim Williams <williamstw@gmail.com> wrote:

> FWIW, I'm mostly interested in indicators of community health,
> progress towards graduation, and that code is generally active (not
> specifics, just some hints that it is active).
>
> --tim
>
> On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 12:00 AM, Ashish <paliwalashish@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Quick comments
> >
> > - For refactoring, can mention about all the work/banches like Hadoop API
> > rework as well
> > - For website, would be worth adding that website has been migrated to
> > Apache CMS (not sure if we have this live)
> > - In community section, would be worth adding the activities in terms of
> > message number (would be good if we can compare against last report). Like
> > 226 messages in Oct (rise of x% since last report)
> > - Would be worth adding a line or two about the next focus area/plan like
> > refactoring to be completed and go for 0.2 release
> >
> > Well IMHO, this is like organizing what we have been doing and plan for
> > future. Would be easy for Mentors and the Board to interpret progress :)
> >

> > On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 6:29 AM, Aaron McCurry <amccurry@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> How does this look to everyone?
> >>
> >> Apache Blur
> >>
> >> Apache Blur is a search platform capable of searching massive amounts of
> >> data in a cloud computing environment.
> >>
> >> Issues needing Board/Incubator PMC Attention:
> >>
> >>   None.
> >>
> >> Key Activities:
> >>
> >>   - A major rework of the code base is in progress with a goal of releasing
> >> 0.2 as the first release of Apache Blur
> >>   - During the rework of the code the community has been active in
> >> discussions and contributing code
> >>   - Apache Rat has been integrated into the build process
> >>   - Many of issues that Apache Rat identified have been corrected
> >>   - Website has been created and is online at
> >> http://incubator.apache.org/blur/
> >>
> >> Community:
> >>
> >>   - Over the past 30 days in JIRA, 17 issues have been created and 12
> >> resolved.
> >>   - Several of these issues have be able to be resolved by contributions
> >> from outside the current committers.

> >> PST.
The