From Aaron McCurry <amccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What next?
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 03:45:44 GMT
Yes I think so. However before we start implementing any of the changes I have offered in the
past couple months I would like to start a discussion.  What we should change and what direction
we should go.

Some questions that I have had a hard time answering are:

Should blur become closer to lucene's searcher API ?

It's pretty straight forward. However it may have a higher cost of entry for users.

Should we have a higher level query language to lower that cost of entry?  Or both?

Should we stick with thrift?  Thrift has some limitations that I struggle to solve. Such as
self referencing objects which come into play with lucene query objects. Should we create
a native API for java clients and the shards to interact. And have the controllers talk thrift?

I bring these issues up now because now is the best time to make a change if we need to.
I would love hear other opinions on this.

Aaron

Sorry I've been slow to respond the past few days. I've been on travel.

Sent from my iPhone