From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Oct 2012 ([ppmc])
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 00:53:58 GMT
lgtm, some comments below:

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 4:37 PM, Aaron McCurry <amccurry@gmail.com> wrote:
> Blur
>
> (incubating since August 2012)
>
> Apache Blur is a search platform capable of searching massive amounts
> of data in a cloud computing environment.
>
> Issues needing Board/Incubator PMC Attention:
>
>   None.
>
> Key Activities:
>
>   - Git repo is just now in place - code cloned from Github and
> updated to latest revision so the code cleanup (package naming,
> licensing, etc.) can now proceed.

iirc for flume/sqoop/crunch we had a script to help with this
migration - e.g. adding/replacing license header on the top of the
source files with apache boilerplate. If you think that will be useful
ping me when you get to that point and I'll try to find them.

> Can we say that they are complete?  I haven't come across anything in
> the past month that needed to be migrated.
>
>   - JIRA is active now.
>   - Mailing lists created.
>
> Probably don't need to report on these 2.
>
>   - Website created and in the process of CMS-ification.
>
> Can we say the initial website has be CMS-ified?
>
>   - Public Blur hack sessions/meetups are being held (Mondays) at Near
> Infinity with summaries posted on dev list.
>
> I think that we can add the fact we just got our wiki created and we
> have started porting context from github.
>
> Community:
>
>   - Issues are being created and worked.
>
> Might also want to say that there have been more discussions of new
> features and modifications on the mail-list?

> Can we get updated numbers on these?

If you're a moderator you can send mail to
<list>-list@incubator.apache.org to get a list, which includes a
count.

Any updates to the status page? http://incubator.apache.org/projects/blur.html

Patrick