From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Blur Hack Session Monday 10/1 at 4:30 PM in Reston Virgina
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2012 12:39:46 GMT
On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 9:10 PM, Aaron McCurry <amccurry@gmail.com> wrote:
> Near Infinity is continuing the Blur hack session this Monday evening at
> the Near Infinity office in Reston starting around 4:30 PM and going until
> 6:30 PM (or until the last NIC person is there to lock up).  Anyone who
> wants to learn Blur and/or write some code is welcome to attend.

Aaron and I were attended... we talked about a lot of stuff, some highlights...

... Aaron explained more about his thoughts behind his recent proposed
API changes [1]. The additional explanation and database 'table'
analogy was really helpful in understanding it better.  I think it'd
be worthwhile to take that post and expand upon it on the wiki.  He's
got a prototype of the new API with Lucene 4 and is looking to post it
up for comment in a branch.

... Aaron helped me understand how to get table state information from
thrift that's equivalent to what was previously done directly through
Zookeeper.  Resulting in a doc patch[2].

... we briefly talked about improving our testing strategy but came to
no good conclusions.  Currently, it's not really clear where tests
should go as everything is tested differently.

Aaron, please add anything I missed...

--tim

[1] - http://markmail.org/message/ilfuwa3ucw3ultdh
[2] - http://markmail.org/thread/js2sa677s3d4p6dj