From Aaron McCurry <amccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Oct 2012 ([ppmc])
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2012 23:37:17 GMT
Blur

(incubating since August 2012)

Apache Blur is a search platform capable of searching massive amounts
of data in a cloud computing environment.

Issues needing Board/Incubator PMC Attention:

  None.

Key Activities:

  - Git repo is just now in place - code cloned from Github and
updated to latest revision so the code cleanup (package naming,
licensing, etc.) can now proceed.

Can we say that they are complete?  I haven't come across anything in
the past month that needed to be migrated.

  - JIRA is active now.
  - Mailing lists created.

Probably don't need to report on these 2.

  - Website created and in the process of CMS-ification.

Can we say the initial website has be CMS-ified?

  - Public Blur hack sessions/meetups are being held (Mondays) at Near
Infinity with summaries posted on dev list.

I think that we can add the fact we just got our wiki created and we
have started porting context from github.

Community:

  - Issues are being created and worked.

Might also want to say that there have been more discussions of new
features and modifications on the mail-list?

Can we get updated numbers on these?

Thoughts?

Aaron