From Aaron McCurry <amccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Merge lucene-4.0.0 branch to master
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2012 13:43:36 GMT
Ok, I think it will be some time before all the changes for the new
api are in place and fully functional.  So perhaps we should merge the
lucene-4.0.0 branch into master and fix whatever bugs are found.  I
did some system testing yesterday and only found one big issue.  There
seems to be a threading problem with the BlurAnalyzer.  If a single
instance is in use across multiple threads some weird behaviors
happen.  Otherwise everything else seems to work, normally (I will
create a jira issue).

If we do merge the lucene-4.0.0 branch, I feel like we should change
the version to 0.2.  The reason is, the indexes in 0.1.x are not going
to be backwards compatible (at least not with out some work).  Does
anyone have any strong feelings on this?

Aaron