incubator-blur-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Aaron McCurry <>
Subject Re: Path to 0.2 - Progress report
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 02:12:52 GMT
I have not made as much progress as I had wanted this weekend.  I have
decided to try and upgrade the existing code to Lucene 4.0 before
trying to add the new API to the mix.  I really don't want to check in
a bunch of broken code.  But if I did this might be a good opportunity
for others to figure out how things work internally by jumping in and
helping to port the old Lucene 3.6 code to 4.0.  I won't push any of
my changes until we take a vote on this.  Also I will be working to
get the code compiling again most of the day tomorrow.  Thanks.


On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 8:08 PM, Aaron McCurry <> wrote:
> I am in the process on getting the code setup and ready for 0.2 on a
> local branch.  The following version changes have been made in 0.2.
> Thrift went to 0.8.0
> Lucene to 4.0.0
> Hadoop to 1.0.3
> ZooKeeper to 3.4.4
> Also the blur-util, blur-store, blur-thrift projects are cleaned up
> and compiling with unit tests passing.  The big projects that I'm
> still working on:
> blur-core
> blur-mapreduce
> I hope to have them in a semi-functional state ready to be committed
> by some point tomorrow.  Just wanted to let everyone know that these
> changes that we have been discussing for a couple weeks should find
> it's way to master in the next day or so.  Unfortunately with all the
> version changes and the API changes this is going to be a big bang
> (which I don't like), but hopefully we won't have to go through one of
> there again for a long time (if ever).
> Aaron

View raw message