From Aaron McCurry <amccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Blur Hack Session Monday 9/24 at 4:30 PM in Reston Virgina
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 22:23:44 GMT
Meetup Summary

2 in Attendance, thanks for coming.

Worked on:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BLUR-7 In work
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BLUR-13 Closed (or will be)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BLUR-20 Closed

We had another discussion about how to replace the expert query API in Blur
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BLUR-17).

Some of the options discussed:

- Creating a new DSL for representing the Lucene queries that need to be
executed.
- Extending the current Lucene query syntax to allow functions in the query
language.
- Creating a SQL like language that would be similar to
the language supported in the blur-jdbc module.

I am going to add these to the comments on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BLUR-17 to continue the discussion
there.

Aaron