From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Blur Website
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 03:02:35 GMT
On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 8:42 PM, Aaron McCurry <amccurry@gmail.com> wrote:
> I see that from the http://incubator.apache.org/guides/sites.html
> guide that the website needs to be maintained in the version control
> system.  We can start working on the site now, and once the git repo
> is setup we can make sure that's get is the source moving forward.  I
> will be happy to provide documentation and content for the web site
> plus migrate any existing content from github wiki and any other
> places it might exist.  But I have no web site designer skills what so
> ever, so I'm going to need help there.  Also we should discuss what
> needs to be done with the blur.io site currently owned by Near
> Infinity.

Is Near Infinity giving us the content of the existing site?  The
domain name?  The current site looks good and would be enough content
for us to start to attract folks I reckon - gives people some content
to land on at least.

I'm not familiar with how sites work with git (I'm an svn fan being
dragged kicking and screaming into a new git world:).  I'm clarifying,
but I *think* if we want to use the CMS we'll have to create a
separate repo for the doc sources.  Unless someone clarifies here,
I'll report back the answer I get from infra.

Thanks,
--tim