From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What to do first?
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 12:19:01 GMT
On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:16 PM, Aaron McCurry <amccurry@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am new to Apache and "The Apache Way", I have been reading the
> Podling Guides (http://incubator.apache.org/guides/index.html).  As
> well as:
> - http://apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html
> - http://apache.org/dev/new-committers-guide.html
> - http://apache.org/dev/
>
> The real question is what should we do first?  I feel like having JIRA
> setup with tasks that need to be worked off is the best way to go.  I
> see that https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BLUR has been setup.
> Should I begin by adding code migration tasks?  And then go from
> there?

I think:
1) Git repo - the request is in now.
2) Figure out what to do about the website so that new folks can start
adding docs as they learn.
3) Add your JIRA issues for your roadmap.
4) I think once the code is in, itd be easiest for you to do the
package renamings and we can all help with headers, etc.?

Maybe it'd be easiest to put those things in JIRA, I don't have a
strong opinion either way.

Thanks,
--tim

[1] - http://incubator.apache.org/projects/blur.html