From Bernd Fondermann <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Bluesky calls for a new mentor!
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 07:17:27 GMT
2011/6/30 SamuelKevin <lovesummerf@gmail.com>:
> Hi, All:
>     Based on what Noel has suggested. I believe we should give a timeline
> to following four terms:
>    1) All current code in the ASF repository.
>    2) All development via ASF accounts (get the rest of the people signed
>    up).
>    3) Ddevelopment discussion on the mailing list.
>    4) All licensing issues cleaned up.
>   According to my experience of preparing the first release candidate, we
> need about 1 week to clean up source code态generate related documents. So far
> as i know , there is only one module violates ASL, but we could replace it
> within 3 days. The signed up of core developers may cost some time. Make it
> 1 week to finish. We might could be ready with the newest release candidate
> in 1 month.
> guys, ring me your bone.
> regards,
> Kevin

I think Bluesky is not ready to become an Apache project now. As it
turns out, your goal was too ambitious. Do one step at a time. I
strongly encourage that you open source Bluesky, but not at Apache.
Many projects which are already established open source projects come
here and still find it hard to learn Apache. Then, later you might
come here and find it much less frustrating to do Incubation.

  Bernd