From SamuelKevin <lovesumm...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Bluesky calls for a new mentor!
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 03:24:25 GMT
Kevin

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Noel J. Bergman <noel@devtech.com>
Date: 2011/6/30
Subject: RE: Bluesky calls for a new mentor!
To: general@incubator.apache.org

Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Chen Liu wrote:
> > We propose to move future development of BlueSky to the Apache Software
> > Foundation in order to build a broader user and developer community.

> You are supposed to be doing your development work in the ASF subversion
> repository, using ASF mailing lists, as peers.

Chen, as Joe points out, these are what BlueSky should have been doing for
the past three (3) years, and yet we still here a proposal for the future.

> Looking at the (limited) commit history, there is a total imbalance
between
> the number of people associated with the development work (20+) and the
> number of people with Apache accounts here (2).

Again, as Joe points out, ALL of BlueSky development should been done via
the ASF infrastructure, not periodically synchronized.  We are a development
community, not a remote archive.

> What we really need you to discuss are *plans*, how you will implement
them,
> who will implement them, and how you will collaborate in the codebase as
peers.

Joe, again, has this on the money.  The BlueSky project must immediately
make significant strides to rectify these issues.  Now, not later.

We should see:

 1) All current code in the ASF repository.
 2) All development via ASF accounts (get the rest of the people signed
up).
 3) Ddevelopment discussion on the mailing list.
 4) All licensing issues cleaned up.

       --- Noel