From "du.haipeng" <du.haip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About the DTU + P2P tree structures
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 10:16:46 GMT
i have wrote an independent udp module that will transmit received data to destinations according
to some lists.

but it hasn't been tested yet.

hongzhen is trying to manage it with avmeeting loosely-coupled.

the module will have a local destinaion by default for avmeeting and some remote destinaions.

the prototype is one dtu + p2p tree structure.

i think it's better to deal with dtu tree and node failure treatment the next step.

2010-12-14

du.haipeng

发件人: 张未展
发送时间: 2010-12-14  17:41:11
收件人: bluesky-dev
抄送:
主题: About the DTU + P2P tree structures

Hi,
    My consideration about the structure of Bluesky is the DTU trees with the
P2P meshed overlays. Because of the dynamic nature of peers, the P2P tree
structure is rarely used in pratice. For this reason, I think that multiple DTU
trees for multi-channels are more useful than the P2P trees, which also stands
in line with our future plan. From the aspect of implmentation, the
construction of DTU trees is quiet similar with P2P trees. The only difference
is to further identify the channel IDs of the DTUs, which is known for peers
naturally.
     Another concern is about the transfer unit fuction for the peers, I think
it should somhow be a independent module, loose-coupled with Avmeeting using
communication mechnism.
all the bests
Weizhan Zhang