From SamuelKevin <lovesumm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Board report Sep preview
Date Sun, 05 Sep 2010 16:25:38 GMT
hi, Luciano:
    In China, there are normally 3 years school time for a master student.
And from January to June, the grade three students are busy writing thesis
for graduation. The grade one students are getting their asses to have
classes. I, who's a grade 2 student, together with grade two teammate, were
sent to have Intern in another city. What i did during my intern was
something i barely knew before. So, i had to spend most time learning new
knowledge. Besides that, i spared sometime to tried the transplant and
finished transplanting TServer roughly.
    Recently, when i got back, i finally had the chance to prove the
correctness of the transplantation. I would complete QT version Tserver and
commit the code recently. I hope you could understand, i am a grade three
student now. I am facing the pressure of both job hunting and the final
thesis.
    As to the developers who had left, most of them went to Chinese IT
company like HuaWei, i don't know whether you hear about it. They are all
harsh companies which love to squeeze every minute of your life working for
them. So, i doubt they could continue contribute this project. luckly, some
fresh developers join in our lab, also, some student contact me or post in
the mailing list demonstrating that they would love to take part in this
project. So, i believe that within 2 months, after they get used to the
code态working style here, things would go on. I've requested the developers
who contacted me to discuss problems in dev mailing list. This mailing list
would get busier later on. And they could upload the code to bluesky jira
and i would commit the code to svn repos.
     regards,
Kevin

http://incubator.apache.org/bluesky/