From Samuel Kevin <lovesumm...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: about the legalization of script like ltmain.sh
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2010 14:43:08 GMT
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: 2009/11/23
Subject: Re: about the legalization of script like ltmain.sh
To: legal-discuss@apache.org

2009/11/22 Samuel Kevin <lovesummerf@gmail.com>:
> Thanks, Niclas. I get the idea.
> the following is the situation: we have such script like ltmain.sh, which
> includes GPL license declaration, in our project.
> and i find that in package of httpd, there's some script also has GPL
> license but i fail to find the GPLed script in SVN repos.
> so i wonder if:
>                     such script can't be committed to SVN but can be
packed
> in release package?
> if it can't be warpped in release package, do we need to apply a exception
> from GNU community so that we could continue the release?

I don't know about other scripts "like" ltmain.sh, but I do know about
ltmain.sh: this specific script, when generated by GNU Autotools, and
used for the purposes of aiding the building of the project in
question using gcc is OK to be committed to ASF SVN repositories.

http://tinyurl.com/ydlsclc

> regards,
> Kevin

- Sam Ruby