From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: met some problems when using Apache RAT tools
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 16:12:49 GMT
On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 2:30 AM, Samuel Kevin <lovesummerf@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi, all:
>     i was trying to use RAT to audit RealClass sourcecode . But i met some
> problems. The instruction of using RAT is really simple. I checked out the
> current version and installed it  like the instruction said but i can't run
> it with this command :*java -jar rat-app-VERSION.jar --help. *i tried to
> change the string "VERSION" to 0.6/0.7. The output shows"Unable to access
> jarfile rat-app-0.8.jar"*, *does this mean i haven't installed RAT right or
> i missed something else.? i was just straightly doing as the guide[1]
> said....
> [1]http://incubator.apache.org/rat/

Here is what I did :
- Checked out RAT 0.6 tag from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/rat/main/tags/apache-rat-project-0.6/
- Built the tag with 'mvn clean install'
- Run it via command line with java -jar
~/.m2/repository/org/apache/rat/apache-rat/0.6/apache-rat-0.6.jar
<folder> > rat.log

BTW, the instructions on the rat site to run it via maven plugin keeps
failing for me, that's why I used the command line, which is working
for me fine.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende