From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Branch, Tag and other Questions, was Re: [VOTE] Apache RealClass@BlueSky 1.0 release, first round
Date Tue, 29 Dec 2009 07:04:46 GMT
On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Samuel Kevin <lovesummerf@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all:
>      Ok, i've just put the release candidate under my directory at
> people.apache.og.  Still, i need opinions on the orgnization of the svn
> repos[1] and online documentations[2]. The release candidate artifact is
> warp at  [3].
>
> [1]  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/bluesky/
> [2]  http://incubator.apache.org/bluesky/files/html/Documentation.html
> [3]  http://people.apache.org/~mabowen/

For the SVN organization, what projects usually do is :

- Create a branch, so trunk is free to continue development

- For each Release Candidate, create a tag (e.g XXX-RC1, XXX-RC2,
etc)... these tags are immutable, that's why we create one per RC.
Once the vote passes in all levels (PPMC and IPMC) then we promote the
tag to final tag (e.g XXX)

And, BTW, be prepared for several RC before the first release gets
approved by the IPMC.

Also, a related question, as this is the first ever release of BlueSky
at  Apache, are my understanding is that it's only the RealClass
piece, are you guys sure about calling it 1.0.0 ? Mentors, any
thoughts on this ?

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende