From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache RealClass@BlueSky 1.0 release, first round
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 04:09:21 GMT
On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 6:42 PM, Samuel Kevin <lovesummerf@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Luciano:
>    i am following an example of apache release:
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Release_procedure. i thought the first round
> release vote went first and make the artifact afterwards.
> regards,
> Kevin
>

>From the steps mentioned in couchDB release steps, you can see that
they do the following steps :
- Create release branch/tag
svn cp $repos/trunk $repos/branches/Y.Y.x -m 'branching Y.Y.x'
svn cp $repos/branches/Y.Y.x $repos/tags/Y.Y.Y -m 'tagging Y.Y.Y'
svn export $repos/tags/Y.Y.Y Y.Y.Y

-Build the source to generate distribution
./bootstrap && ./configure && make distsign

-Now you have the signed distros that is going to be voted
# apache-couchdb-Y.Y.Y.tar.gz
# apache-couchdb-Y.Y.Y.tar.gz.asc
# apache-couchdb-Y.Y.Y.tar.gz.md5
# apache-couchdb-Y.Y.Y.tar.gz.sha

These release artifacts go to a staged place, where people can examine
and vote on.
Once the vote is done, and in the case of Incubator projects, after
it's approved by the Incubator PMC, then we would go to what is called
"making the release" in the couch db documentation, but should really
be called publishing the release, as you basically getting all the
voted/approved artifacts and moving them to the official release
location.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende